Torridge allocates £40,000 to County Grants Scheme
By Bideford_ppl | Saturday, June 16, 2012, 07:57
Torridge District Council has agreed to contribute a total of £40,000 to Devon County Council's new Community Grants Scheme.
The £40,000 will be made available to the scheme with Torridge able to offer a maximum of £15,000 to any single application from not- for-profit organisations managing community buildings in Torridge. The scheme allows organisations such as village halls, community shops and community pubs to bid for funding for improvements, repairs, adaptations modernisation and possibly even a new or replacement building.
Councillor Jane Whittaker, Lead Members for Communities at Torridge, said: "This allocation of funds will provide much needed support to those towns and villages that depend on their community buildings. These import local assets provide a hub for social, community and volunteer activities and events. All of which can engage local residents and in turn help keep the hearts of local villages beating. It is a pleasure to be able to support such a scheme and I hope that this money delivers real benefits to local communities in Torridge."
The grant will be given for capital projects including the following:
- Providing a new/replacement building.
- Serious structural defects i.e. roof and walls
- Adapting the building for disabled access.
- Modernising/improving outdated facilities.
- Environmental/green projects
- Kitchen refits
- Fitting out a shop.
For more information contact Malcolm Harris, Community Development Officer, 01237 428756, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications will be twice a year on the 31st July and 31st January. Application forms and guidance can be found on the Community Council of Devon website www.devonrcc.org.uk
- Torridge will only contribute a maximum of £15,000 to any one application.
- The Community Council of Devon Administers the New Community Grants Scheme on behalf of Devon County Council
- All applications should be submitted to the Community Council of Devon
- Match funding should make up 2/3 of the total project cost.
- More information about the scheme can be found in the Community Grants Scheme Guidance Notes
Source and application form available at: http://www.torridge.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=7879